A Less Formal Life

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

While I don't participate in Halloween in New York City (most years anyway), I do appreciate the amusement it sometimes brings me. Besides the enjoyment of watching torn-up people in costumes do the morning after Halloween night (or whichever weekend morning after the night that is designated as the official "drunk going out" Halloween) walk of shame, I enjoy watching people attempt to do regular, everyday things wearing their costumes.

Last night, I saw Darth Vader (complete with mask) discussing paying the babysitter with Little Bo Peep in the elevator of my building, followed by Farrah Fawcett (played by a man in drag) walking home from the grocery store, complete with a wig, a trench coat and heels, loaded down with bags of milk, cereal, bread and normal household staples.

I heart New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment