A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I just bruise too easily

The subject line statement pretty much applies to any figurative or literal instances you can imagine. Lately, I've been taking a lot of punches, and the resultant bruises have been taking over. Figuratively, I'd rather not talk about it in public forum. This means I have a lot of "internal" bruises that are forming and building based on a variety of very unpleasant and uncomfortable things that are happening to me now. Actually, I don't know yet whether they are unpleasant, more of the same or the sign of change ... but they are definitely taking me outside my comfort zone.

Literally, I've been waking up a lot with inexplicable (though some explicable) marks on my person. The other week (the morning after my birthday party, in fact), I noticed some strange fingerprint bruises on my leg. My guess has been that I dug into my own leg while adrift in Sandmanville (after a slightly compromised too-many-cocktails night with friends). But the fact that I have yet to determine exactly how I got blue fingerprints beyond a reasonable doubt has led to some pretty bizarre dreams during which my brain tries to explain it to me. Last night in my sleep, I dreamed a break-in at my apartment (a recurring nightmare of mine) during which the nightmare assailant admitted to having come in here and left them for me previously. I didn't even remember this dream until I was in the elevator going downstairs to get laundry earlier today.

Sadly, the above two paragraphs is all the profundity I have to offer today (and none of it is actually really that deep and is generally pretty boring).

I don't even think I feel like offering up another novel snippet.

However, a taste of a song I was working on today is possible. Verse, bridge or chorus? I guess you'll know someday:

"Just when you think it’s over, this searching forever
It winds on and on, repeating mistakes
Roads and paths diverging and clever
World full of false hope, universe of fakes"

And the blah blah blah goes on and on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment