A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eat Fest Meat Fest

I will really get inspired soon ... I think ... I better.

I ate at Leng Thai in Astoria last night, and it was delicious: best duck salad ever, and grilled pork. The company wasn't bad either. We found this weird little bar afterward that looked like it was owned by the Persian mafia. There were a bunch of old Middle Eastern guys sitting at the bar laughing and talking in hushed-ish tones. We drank our bourbon/soda/bitters and tried to remain inconspicious. I kind of if not really loved it a lot.

Also, I finally saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I was told I would simply love it, and it definitely has all my favorite movie components -- darkness, thrills, spills, chills -- but I just didn't. It was good, and I didn't NOT like it, but I was hoping for more. I was also hoping for shorter. The last 20 minutes felt tacked on and unnecessary. Plus, the main male character was a bit difficult to watch, because he was quite crater faced and had weird eyelashes. Petty? Perhaps. But for some reason is helped spoil my total enjoyment.

The next in the series is showing at the Traverse City Film Festival. I really wish I could go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment