A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

love jailbird

If you are a woman and ever have a fantastic date, then wonder, "Why hasn't he called me yet or responded to an e-mail or text message?" it could be because he's in jail and simply can't get to the phone.

If someone had told me that before today, I would consider it one of those convenient and ridiculous excuses we tell ourselves to explain away the dating douchery that comes out of most romantic attempts in New York City and keep ourselves from hiding in a hole and giving up on the potential of ever finding anyone for a coupling-up partner. However, today, I have proof that it can happen, because it did to me.

Even funnier than the fact that this happened to me is the fact that I am beyond relieved to hear it (and that I don't have to fake a similar excuse to put salve on a potential heartbreak). It may in fact be the only time in my life I'm happy to hear someone I actually like is in jail. However, lest you judge, even though I don't know the exact details, I know enough about it to know it wasn't the person's fault, so I can be relieved and not sound like a desperate person who will date anything with a pulse (even someone that is jailed hours after a date with me).

Who doesn't like a good, dramatic start? Especially when it's not about you? Only people with no imagination, that's who.

Of course, it would be a different story if he'd called from the jail phone and asked me for bail money (which he did not). That's a deal breaker, fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment