A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An Update at 100 Degrees and Counting

I intend to write more later, but for now, my brain is mush due to lack of air conditioning (again), general malaise (again) and frustration over everyone being off in their timing when I ask them kindly to fix my problems (aka, air conditioning repair, etc.).

It was 103 degrees yesterday, which was apparently a record in New York City. Last night I slept with cold compresses on me, and by sleep, I don't mean I actually slept, because I think I got one hour (until the compress melted).

Congratulations universe -- you're doing a good job of kicking me while I'm down.

I'm working on a review of a terrible Steven Seagal movie while I wait for the a/c repair people. It isn't as calming as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment