A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Banner Day

Yesterday was sort of a banner day. I actually finished a chapter of my essay book. And it was actually semi funny (though, as I've now hyper-critically edited it 300 times already, it feels less laugh-out-loud to me than the first few times I read it).

Unfortunately, I think I may have to scrap a couple essays I've written already. They don't fit in with the overall book and make me very annoyed with myself. And I don't think there's anything salvageable in any of them, so they're not worth rewriting.

If I can finish this effer by July, I will be one happy writer. My goal is about 18 different short-ish essays.

Of course, things tend to not work out as planned when I'm involved, so I'm trying to be as rigid as possible while still remaining flexible when goals are concerned.

This entry was officially less engaging and significantly more annoying than the worst of the chapters I'm garbage-canning.

No comments:

Post a Comment