A Less Formal Life

Monday, June 13, 2011

Less than Banner Days ...

That would be the description of the past few days, and possibly into the future. I went for cheesy but kind of delicious Mexican last night with an old college friend I haven't seen in 12 years, so that was kind of fun. It's always weird to see people from your history enter into your present and future element and realize how much different (yet how much the same) you are from the last time they were a part of your universe.

I have some other thoughts that are less pleasant, but I'm not going to "Hang in There, Kitty"/"Dear Diary" journal.

Now that I've finished my work work for the day, I'm going to get cracking on the real, near-and-dear writing.

In pop culture news, I think I've become hooked on The Voice. I can't get Xenia's rendition of "Price Tag" out of my head, and I felt myself being intensely emotionally affected by a Fergie song ("Big Girls Don't Cry"). In my defense with the second point, I blame it on some other heartbreaking events that happened this weekend that had nothing to do with it.

And I'm sure you thought you had problems ...

No comments:

Post a Comment