A Less Formal Life

Monday, June 20, 2011

reKindle

It is true: The joy of reading is enhanced by the Kindle (and perhaps by e-readers in general. I know, I know, most are not as good as the iPad, but, I don't need to go that far yet!). Dammit. I was hoping it was just all hype.

Also, I am starting to suspect that the joy of writing (when reading good and not trashy stuff) will be positively affected.

Stay tuned ...

Also, I will confess, I just finished reading two trashy mysteries -- something from the "Liv Bergen" series. Sandra Brannan is certainly not Shakespeare -- and she uses some crappy/novice writing conventions (mostly attached to melodramatic character self description and observation) as well as not-that-surprising twists -- but all in all, I ate her stuff up like cupcakes. It's nice to have a break from The Brainy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment