A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 3 of Quarantine

So, I'm on Day 3 of my doctor-imposed viral meningitis quarantine, and while I certainly have the headache that launched a thousand aneurysms (and a thrilling head rush that happens about once every 5 minutes and almost makes me pass out), the symptoms otherwise are dissipating.

What does that mean?

It means bat-crap-stir-craziness that has reached epic proportions. I'm really only half-way through my sentence too, so I can't imagine what I will feel like in 48 hours, when I am almost free. For now, I am thinking of the list of things I want to be doing right now but can't:

1. Running outside;
2. Not eating more;
3. Shopping (you know when I say I want to go shopping, I am really desperate to get out);
4. Rolling around in a pile of puppies (this is not likely going to happen soon with or without the meningitis, but a girl can dream);
5. Do laundry (I probably could do this, but I'm feeling too conscientious about my building community).

My big accomplishments for the week (aside from the usual work progress) include watching some old lady get her amethyst jewelry appraised on "Antiques Road Show" and washing one dish.

I will obviously update on Day 4, and hopefully have even more exciting news to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment