A Less Formal Life

Friday, April 23, 2010

What did your mom put in your lunch today?

While riding the L train, I was treated to quite a sight: a young "man" dressed in a likely-mis-buttoned striped sweater, white sneakers Harry Potter glasses and carrying a backpack with his first name and last initial stitched on it. I can only assume he was going to work, as he was too old to be in high school or college, but it was a quintessential "hiptard" moment.

My first thoughts:

1. Did his mother pack PB&J and Hi-C Ecto Cooler again today in his lunch (and is he totally bummed out about that)?

2. Did he leave the last name off so he could protect himself from child abductors (they used to always tell us not to wear t-shirts with our names on them)?

I guess I will never know, "Nate R."

No comments:

Post a Comment