A Less Formal Life

Friday, August 20, 2010

new project

I decided after seeing Sloan Crosley read last night in Brooklyn that I'm embarking on a new essay project. I became a quick fan of hers when my friend Emily loaned me a book she wrote, and I found it mirroring not only my own New York experiences, but also a little bit of my own voice. I guess we really are all narcissists at our core.

I decided, there is no reason I shouldn't be writing constantly and trying to make a real book out of myself. And I need to seize the opportunity now, while I still have a tiny shred of freedom left to attempt to make a living doing what I love, before I am forced to take a hardcore, soul-sucking job. Since I spend most of my writing/noveling time changing names to protect the innocent anyway, I might as well just cut the facade, stop making such an effort and just commit to sharing my own ridiculousness.

So, here I go ... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment