A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Universe

Once again, I've managed to say most of what I could say today in my paid writing (well, hopefully one of them -- the new essay project -- will be paid), but I got a random tarot card reading today. I'm not usually one for that, but it seemed like the thing to do at a time when things are a little up in the air, honestly ... with everything.

The result? Well, my big "reveal" happened in the form of the "Universe" or "World" card, which is apparently what I'm all about right now. What does that mean? If I was less skeptical, it would mean I'm about to feel significant peace and taste the sweet fruits of my very hard labor.

The basic positive aspects are below, but found in full on this page, which is the best thing I was really able to find on the subject (at least the closest to being moderately well written):

"Thus, the World card, very aptly, represents a successful conclusion, all aspects accounted for and taken in. Simply put, this card tells the Querent that the end to a long-term project is in sight, and that it will be accompanied by well-earned praise, celebration and success. With Saturn as its ruling planet, this card can also indicate that the Querent, now an expert in their subject, is likely to become a teacher or sought-after lecturer. And, finally, on a more mundane level, the World card indicates travel, not short business trips, but long, fantastic trips. Maybe a lecture tour, book signing, or just a trip around the world. This is a wonderful card of wholeness, perfection, satisfaction and happiness."

Now if this giant, likely West Nile-infested mosquito would leave my apartment and stop biting my inner thighs (yes, it's not pretty), I would be truly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment