A Less Formal Life

Thursday, September 2, 2010

creative block and flow

I've been having a surge of creativity in real life, but a barren wasteland for my writing lately. I guess that's not entirely true, as I've been getting minimal tasks done and also able to write some things creatively (my essay book, for example), but it's been coming pretty drib-drabbily.

This may be the shortest piece of writing I've bothered to commit to a page in a long time (and also way too "meta" in that it's boringly about the writing process). Still, I'm determined to get something real done today. My list:

1. Write at least something related to my book of essays (even if it's just an outline);
2. Play an instrument and work out some musical things;
3. Look for a new drummer/percussionist (does anyone know anyone?) for Mister Badger.
4. Finish some small business writing. That has been the worst-ly motivated.

I need to get organized and get on the figurative working stick. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment