A Less Formal Life

Monday, September 27, 2010

my floorboards, my heartache

My big news is that a little big of investigating on Saturday led to finally ripping up the damaged area of my floor (the sound of each plank coming up to expose mildew, leftover water damage and cat pee was what I imagined my heart would sound like breaking over and over again) ... which led to more clutter and a "first fight" (or more like "freeze out") on Sunday. Surprisingly, everyone survived all of it, and my apartment is almost back into place (in reverse-world form, since we put everything on the other side). Sometimes you have to go into a corner and cry out of frustration, or put your headphones on and ignore someone for a few hours ... and then talk about what happened, laugh, eat pizza and just move forward.

Without going into detail (because, once again, no journals with kitties on the cover here), love, romance and home improvements are complicated. Witch's brew!

In honor of all that, some Donovan.

No comments:

Post a Comment