A Less Formal Life

Friday, September 17, 2010

stress level midnight

I've been doing a lot of home repairs, thanks to the help of a lovely person, who likely doesn't know how much it means to me that he is helping me create a home that reflects me and fulfills both my work and personal needs (and is turning out absolutely delicious so far).

That being said, I realize as I sit here still awake for the umpteenth or so night in a row well after 2 a.m., my stomach churning out butterflies as a result of change and unpredictable future, present, past and everything imaginable, I realize I have an extreme need to manage the stress in my life. A friend of mine recently joined a Buddhist center and also started doing a month of yoga in order to better balance herself. Neither of these things are really for me, but I realize I am in need of some spiritual refuge to better manage all the beautiful chaos. I am one giant nerve ending right now, and the need to add some order to my emotions is going to be necessary. Of course, I also need to embrace the risky hyperbolic feeling that I rarely let overcome me, because some wonderful things feel like they are happening right now that are going to transform me and those close to me (as a result) for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment