A Less Formal Life

Thursday, August 5, 2010

old habits, new habits

I just have to get into the habit of updating this, no matter what -- even if it's just waxing totally delicious on food I ate or something else. I'm going to try for every day, and hope that means "at least five days per week." It's not that I believe anyone is paying attention. It's just that I need the writing exercise. It's a purely selfish pursuit (because which blog isn't ultimately narcissistic?).

I made my first "official" dinner in a beautifully air conditioned apartment yesterday for Sean and remembered how much I really love to cook. It was a simple production of basil chicken with capers and feta over pasta, started off by my summer Caesar salad, which essentially is only Caesar because it has creamy Caesar dressing on it (the rest is a mixture of mandarin oranges and sunflower seeds). I think and hope it was delicious. There were second and third helpings, so I'd say that's a clue something worked.

Today I have to do the dreaded task of going to the Time Warner Center to pick up a new cable box, since mine decided to suck yesterday. Likely it will be a whole day spent, as going there to do anything is like waiting in a bread line in Russia. I've already cleared my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment