A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Wish I Had an Evil Twin

Tuesday was a day of very weird events that led me to believe maybe I have an evil twin who is causing a fair amount of mischief. The following things happened:

1. I got a strange call at 8:30 a.m. from Diana at the CT Department of Environmental Protection Boating Division, and she left a message insisting I had called her to ask about boating licenses (this is particularly funny, because my friend Emily and I joke regularly about going on a yachting double date, complete with couples boating outfits, should I ever meet someone that sticks around for more than 5 minutes).

2. I got a bunch of catalogues for wedding registries in the mail (does someone know something I don't?).

3. I had an "epiphany moment" that produced a good idea for a section in one of my novels, and when I went to work on it, I discovered I'd written the very section I had been imagining (but no more than a month ago, since it was based on something that happened to me no longer ago than that).

Oddly enough, last weekend (before any of this happened) I had a dream I was living in Paris in a tiny apartment and was renting out part of it to a pair of middle-aged male twins (one was evil/terrorist/serial killer/etc., who wore a lot of denim shirts with jeans, incidentally ... what's more evil than that?) . There were more details to that. However, I definitely wish I had an evil twin, and that that evil twin did more interesting things to spice up my life than just signing up for wedding registries, planning boating trips in CT and writing decent sections of my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment