A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dislikes Include ...

Not to be negative, but there are things that bother me from time to time (I know, it's surprising).

Here is my top one at the momet:

The creepy song from this commercial. The woman's voice along with the term "hide and boo" (what exactly does that mean?) makes me feel beyond violated.

I had a dream last night that I was taking care of a friend's baby on a giant bus (it was more like a cruise ship) while Robin Williams performed stand-up in what would've qualified as a basement had we not all been on a bus. But he had decided to start performing it musically, while playing guitar, holding it like a violin under his chin. I couldn't figure out what had happened to my friend and her husband, and I had originally just found their baby placed on a comfy couch in front of the stand-up area, which was basically empty (no one wanted to see Robin Williams). Finally I got a phone call telling me they had been in a car accident while running out to get diapers (we were in Minnesota, and there was snow everywhere), but that they were fine and about to be released from the ER and would be back soon. At this point, the bus had stopped, and William Shatner had climbed on to inform us all that we had only paid $20 for the trip we were all taking together but that the cost had climbed way higher than that, and he was going to have to collect from us, since he had exhausted his life savings to cover the cost of renting the bus, Robin Williams' fee, etc. I was in the midst of fashioning a make-shift crib out of a car seat and some old, plaid couch cushions, but I managed to appease Shatner and get him to give us a break (I certainly had no extra money) simply by calling him "Bill" repeatedly.

I guess just because I hate a children's toy commercial doesn't mean I hate children.

No comments:

Post a Comment