A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

so much for meditation ...

I promised almost a week ago (was it a week ago?) that I was going to do a daily meditation project and get up every day and stick to a schedule of positive focus in the morning. So far, I did it once, and then gave up. I guess I can always start over again, but I definitely failed at my first attempt, and any further attempts are going to have to be called new experiments and not part of the first one.

I think I am sadly like most other greedy, instant gratification junkies: I want all the positive results of meditation -- balance, happiness, satisfaction -- without having to do any of the work. And of course, everyone knows most of the good energy comes from the process and not the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment