A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

today is different

Today I'm starting out my day by writing something (anything) here. I woke up pretty ridiculously late for a weekday, but I just sort of decided that clear-headedness comes from good sleep, and I was not sleeping very well, so I better sleep if tiredness was still there.

Wow. That first paragraph is maybe why writing anything worth looking at when first awake is not a good idea.

I've actually been having pretty intense dreams lately. In my dream last night I was 16 in body, but I was my age in spirit. I had traveled back in time to high school and was being awkwardly courted by someone's 15-year old brother ... and also Sylvester Stallone. It was pretty awkward. I was set to play a cello recital with my mom, who kept sending me text message photos of different outfits she was planning to wear for my approval. Of course, I could also fly, as could everyone else. But they were all afraid of it, and thus couldn't figure out how to take it outside the house, because they were worried they would fly too high without a ceiling to stop them. I thus was charged with teaching people how to control it. I kept saying, "It's all about balance."

The day I understand balance will be a dream ... or will be when pigs, not people, fly ...




No comments:

Post a Comment