A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

songily

I must write a new Mister Badger song. I feel pretty resolute about that. I've had too much complexity in relationships lately and have been having a difficult time making emotions fit into easy, breezy-sounding country/folk/pop songs. Of course, there was nothing more complex than the romantic situation that sparked all the songwriting for the project initially, but I had a couple years of thinking and the natural evolution of a band idea in its beginning stages to help me pour material out of me.

My current "situation" is fairly new, and it feels much more "alternative and modern" than "country and traditional."

That last sentence could not be more illustrative of the truth, even if it was initially (as it was forming in my head) meant to be just musical style metaphors and not reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment