A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

next stop, Distraction

It's a well-known fact, at least within my apartment, that I've been a little writer's blocked lately. Perhaps it's that pre-Christmas brain freeze (much like the pre-vacation brain freeze, except without the vacation on the other end). If I can find a way to finish everything I need to do before Christmas (which would honestly only take me a couple days of heavy work), I think I need to take time off while my dad is here.

My brain is distracted by so many things, and I'm also finding myself afraid of finishing more of the essays I've been working on, mostly because they deal with emotionally difficult subject matter of all varieties, and I worry I won't do them justice ... you know, because I'm dead inside (oh, and that's sarcasm).

If anything, I feel and have felt too much, and that is actually the root of the current problem.

It all comes down to trust. We'll see if I can regain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment