A Less Formal Life

Thursday, December 16, 2010

robot unicorn freestyle

I'm pretty sure I've been playing this game way too frequently on my iPhone lately in order to procrastinate doing actual work (and in order to lull myself to sleep). Firstly, even if it is ironic or making fun of unicorns, it has actually achieved being the ideal game for little girls that at any point were in love with unicorns. An Erasure soundtrack? A unicorn that flies and turns into rainbows? Dolphins? Purple magic? It really does have it all.

Secondly, it affected my dreams last night (in a slightly non-obvious way). I got stuck a few blocks from the house where I grew up, wearing nothing but the t-shirt I was sleeping in in real life. I was trying to get home, when I got stuck traipsing through the local pool, which I was of course able to jump over and through (like the unicorn) without it affecting my journey.

I frequently have dreams that I am back training as a serious swimmer, usually involving me having to swim the mile at a huge meet, or some other ridiculously long event or string of events (sometimes I'm just at a 3-day USS Meet) after not having swam in years. Leave it to me to combine swimming with unicorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment