A Less Formal Life

Friday, February 4, 2011

Bears, Maple Syrup ... and Robyn

Today is a very exciting day. Not only is it ONE day until I see one of my favorite things, Robyn, at Radio City, but it's also the day one of my favorite people on the planet, my old friend Frank, descends upon New York City from the Great White North (well, Toronto) for the FIRST time ever! I have a lot of nice, happy thoughts on the subject, but the biggest one is a question: What would I do without the internet? Frank and I have known each other for almost a decade ... but have NEVER MET in person (until today, when we will, at last). Still, thanks to the multi-media power of the internet, I consider him to be one of my bestests. Does anyone really stop enough in life to realize how amazing we all have it? In what Space Age world is that possible? Next time you're complaining about something (and you will eventually have grievances, because we all do), think about how incredible it is that we are all connected on such a regular basis by such seemingly simple technologies.

What are the plans? Well, it's Chinese New Year, the Superbowl and a bunch of other things this weekend. So far, there will be late morning dim sum at Sweet Spring tomorrow, Robyn at Radio City, obviously, and Momofuku (at his request, and apparently his treat!), probably on Sunday, Papaya King, pizza ... Oh, and I think I'm going to inflict a Phil Hughes "liquid brunch," though I'm nervous about doing it on Superbowl Sunday.

According to the latest e-mail I just received, laundry is also actually on the laundry list. Talk about trying to experience it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment