A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Qabang

Incidentally, that's "I love you" in Klingon (depending on which part of the galaxy you're in, of course). Today, it was actually necessary to research that for an article I wrote in honor of Valentine's Day. Pullitzer, here I come! Or, perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize? Actually, it was one of my more well-written pieces ever, but I'm not expecting many accolades. It was on the topic of successful but odd dating and social networking sites.

Now I have so much work it's coming out my eyes, but I knew I had to update this or my creative sanity would fall by the wayside. I've been having a bit of blockage when it comes to getting writing things started the past week, and I think I finally got over it. I rarely really have writer's block, but I definitely had a freeze-out of my brain/creative process this week. I feel a bit better now that I actually finished something, but there is a lot more to do to catch up to my week's worth of professional inadequacy.

Besides, this week I'm working for the weekend, which is kind of starting tomorrow night (at least the evening part of the standard view of the weekends). Thursday Night Date Night, aka, RELIEF.

Things are really okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment