A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Foodie Lapses

A belated Happy Valentine's Day to all.

I don't have much interesting or literary or anything else to say. The past week has been filled with businessy writing, food and social engagements (and that's not so bad!).

Last weekend E. and I went to a delicious Thai place in Park Slope, Song (which I discovered I'd been to eight years ago with a bunch of high school friends when I walked in): A bottle of wine and a heaping plate of chicken spicy noodle later and only slightly over $15 per person spent, and great happiness ensued. Then it was off to a fun and slightly raucous night with new friends and a slightly hungover brunch on Sunday at the Sidecar (fried chicken salad sandwich!). Brunch was a little pricier than the previous night's dinner (and I'm not so sure the $10 bloodies had any alcohol in them), but it was pretty worth it.

For Valentine's Day, I prepared a plate of appetizers: shrimp kebabs with tarragon; veal/duck pate with peppercorns (purchased from Eli's Vinegar Factory) and rosemary crackers; bruschetta with goat cheese, nectarines and jalapenos (a recipe courtesy of my friend "Famous Original Emily"). We also burned through 2 bottles of wine. By far, it was the best V-Day I've had in a long time, and it was mostly spent in pajamas. This isn't really surprising.

Oh, and I have a new house plant. I didn't realize how much happier it makes my apartment, and now I want more. Let's see if I can keep it alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment