A Less Formal Life

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where's the Party?

I woke up with this song in my head today, and it's totally frustrating me. When it came out, I was so obsessed with Madonna, and particularly the True Blue album that I didn't even care or notice that a lot of the songs sucked. And, thanks to that moment of blindness, I now know all the words to all the songs, making them even stickier when they come to mind.

E. sent me an e-mail with a hilariously mismatched subject line (as I've noticed she is wont to do) yesterday, and I think that's how the vicious spiral probably started that led to waking up to internal "wished we'd forgotten this happened" True Blue era Madonna. The subject line was "Martika -- Toy Soldiers." The actual contents of the e-mail revolved around a Buffalo wing competition in Brooklyn. Of course, who am I to say that Martika isn't at all related to Buffalo wings? I have no idea what she's doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment