A Less Formal Life

Monday, April 18, 2011

blocked subjects

Lately, I can't seem to think of any interesting subjects to write about. And for someone that is a very definite over observer, this fact is frustrating me to no end. I can describe events and even people to others in a way that makes them certain when they encounter them in their own lives that these things are exactly what I was describing. Someone recently told me, "You make everything fascinating" (though I would say that might be a little bit of an exaggeration). I guess I've been a little bored with describing the "mundane" lately. And, the not mundane that's happening in my life is attached to some writing/communication paralysis. Either that or I don't want to incriminate any of the people involved (yet) until I see where some situations are going to take me. Sometimes I feel like if I write about things before they've had a chance to fully play out/settle in I might manipulate outcomes. Is that the definition of a writing God complex? If so, it's a good thing I'm not a surgeon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment