A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rip-Off Distraction

I think I'm starting to understand Lady Gaga's madness, at least when it comes to trying to make as much of a spectacle of herself as possible. She's just trying to distract us from the fact that she's re-writing all of Madonna's old hits and hoping no one will notice. Some of them were created before she was born, I suppose, so it's almost as if it never happened. It was in that creatively dormant time "B.G."

Alejandro = La Isla Bonita
I Was Born This Way = Express Yourself

I have no more deep thoughts on this today, but I'd like to make a request for Cherish or This is Not a Love Song. I always kind of liked those two. And in the case of the latter, be careful. Prince gets a little litigious when it comes to his intellectual property.

No comments:

Post a Comment