A Less Formal Life

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Brand Spanking New Year

So far, 2011 is a mixed bag. I'm in my second week of waging war against a flu, and I'm more frustrated than I've been in a long time with it. I want to feel like myself again, but my sick-o lungs have put a wrench in that plan.

At least I managed to do the 4-mile NY Roadrunners' Midnight Run, and at least I had good friends with me. Of course, I'm still officially a 3rd or 5th wheel. 2011 better wipe at least the feeling of that away, since actually wiping the reality of it away seems like a tall order that's never going to get filled.

Here's hoping the past couple weeks aren't an omen for another pretty bad year.

And, a New Year's toast to thinking positively (and getting back on a normal sleep schedule that doesn't involve elderly-style nursing home naps all day long).

No comments:

Post a Comment