A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

it rains and pours on my new client blowout

The title of this entry is likely going to be far more interesting/creative than any of its contents. I'm in the midst of one of the types of workdays I've missed for over a year and a half: the extremely busy one. I started work with a new small business-y client today (initially, I'm doing some tele-class transcription for her), and it's a nice fit. I'm enjoying the opportunity to get better at a skill by flexing different muscles related to it (because I'm used to lately transcribing music industry professional/musician interviews). Who doesn't like to learn? I'm also really excited to be returning to where my small business skills all began -- working closely with someone that is training other people to be better entrepreneurs and business owners. Hello Old World, remember me? I used to make some money here.

Of course, on a day I was just supposed to have this one bulky thing, I ended up also getting a slew of pitches accepted (for the first time in a painfully long time) for one of my journalist gigs, which needed some attention today also. Ah, diversity and laundry lists of work-related tasks, how I've missed you!

And now, on my dinner break, here I am writing even more things. It's additional proof of what I've said many times before (but seem to always forget when I get particularly creatively blocked): Writing breeds more writing. The more I type ... well, the more ... I type (and want to type).

No comments:

Post a Comment