A Less Formal Life

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

today's special

Today's special is "nonsensical ways of treating other human beings."

I certainly am guilty myself of getting in neglectful mode and being careless and self-centered when it comes to interacting with others, but people I've come into contact with lately, both personally and professionally have definitely taken the proverbial cake, with extra icing. Without going into detail and shifting into full "dear diary" mode, I will simply say that sometimes disappearing completely with no explanation/cutting all ties is better than e-mailing to "explain" your douchery. Because in the end, that explanation is really just about making yourself feel better about your lack of scruples, and not about doing right by the recipient of any incredibly weak defense of your personal shortcomings.

To add to that, assuming you died and that this death might be the reason you blew me off is often an easier pill to swallow than the lame words you put together in an e-mail a month after I had mostly moved on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment