A Less Formal Life

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Speaking of old ladies ...

Although Friday I definitely acted like a young person, the rest of my weekend has been pretty much spent proving that I will make a great old lady once it comes to that. Yesterday I spent in doing a little cleaning, napping, shopping for items on today's menu. This morning I got up early to bake a cranberry pie (which is in the oven as I type). My friend Emily and I are doing another one of our theme brunches today, although this particular meal doesn't have the same level of thematic planning as others in the past (like "Luccipalooza, for example). It's more of a "The Main Event is Duck, so Let's Make a Bunch of Stuff that Goes with It" theme. So, without further ado, the menu:

Roasted duck with sage, garlic and mustard glaze
Rosemary cornbread
Spiced walnuts
cranberry pie

The movie event of the day is, so far, just one of my favorites of all time: Drop Dead Gorgeous (featuring Denise Richards' only acceptable role). I'm feeling like a theme will build as we go (I'm already thinking that maybe the duck thing is already related to Minnesota, since, it being one of my many homes, duck hunting is big there, and also referenced in the movie of choice). However, there has to be more than that (and maybe I should've made some bars or tater tot hot dish).

I think my excitement would only be slightly sad if I were doing this by myself, right?

And now, it's time to go running to prepare my stomach for the requisite calorie burning madness ... and buy some wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment