A Less Formal Life

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

vocalise in absentia

Because I can't sing right now thanks to the laryngitis, I'm trying to listen to stuff that won't make me want to sing along, but failing miserably, since I want to sing along to everything. I've been revisiting the latest Magnetic Fields album a lot lately and realizing why Stephin Merritt is my musical and lyrical hero. I really couldn't love a band any more than this, and I'm sorry that a few years ago I went with someone that was obnoxious times ten (and doesn't really appreciate the music, but just likes to be seen at things she perceives other people think are awesome) to see them at the lovely and magical old movie theatre in Jersey City. Next time, I'm going solo (or perhaps with someone I love, if that person exists).



I can't wait until my voice and drive return from illness. I'm ready to write more music, already ...


No comments:

Post a Comment